Please apply by emailing us at personalcfo@navigatorFP.com and telling us why you would like to be a part of the team. Please include a CV.
You will join our successful Graduate Programme, learning the Navigator way of looking after our clients. We are part of a wider financial planning group based both in Northern Ireland and mainland UK.
You will begin by supporting the financial planning team and be mentored through professional exams with the objective of being authorised to advise clients within two years. The eventual goal is to become a Chartered Financial Planner within 5 years. You can decide whether you wish to progress as a client-facing Financial Planner, or to a more technical Financial Planning Analyst role. The job will be mainly based between our offices in Warrenpoint and Belfast, but travelling to meet clients should be expected.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role will quickly evolve as you progress through your professional exams, but to begin with:
- You will join the financial planners in client meetings, learning on the job and helping them with any work which arises from them
- You will gain experience in working within all roles in Financial Planning, including helping administrators, paraplanners and advisers to give the best possible client experience.
- You will assemble the information necessary for the Financial Planning Analyst team to assess the clients’ position and formulate advice.
- You will liaise with clients by phone and email, to collect information from them and to answer their questions.
- You will keep in touch with product providers and other professionals to collect information.
- Minimum 2.2 degree in any subject (preferably Finance/Economic/Business/Maths or similar).
- Minimum Grade B in GSCE English and Maths
- You will need general computer abilities, particularly within MS Office and on social media platforms
- You need to be well-organised, with an ability to get things done
- You need to be a great communicator, both verbally and in writing
- You will need to be driven to succeed, particularly with ongoing study for relevant industry exams
- You will need to hold a full driving licence and have access to a car
- You will need to have an interest in business development and building relationships with clients, in order to build a career in Financial Services.
This opportunity is part of our long-term growth strategy for the group. While we are ready to appoint now, we want to engage the right person for the job, and therefore please don’t be afraid to apply if you would like to be considered, even if you are committed to something else for a few months.